Replace your HP 49G
with an S&E 600-ST!
by Joe Horn
Here’s an awesome scientific handheld calculator that can replace your HP49G!
All this for only ... well, it’s not available any more. What a shame. You’ll find ’em on eBay once in a while, however. In any case, it’s pretty good for something made in 1968, eh?
- Thinner (only 2 mm thick! Fits easily in a shirt pocket!)
- Smaller (7.5 cm wide, 11 cm high)
- Much nicer looking (high-contrast white, black, and red; no metallic “frozen hamster butt” color scheme!)
- ALL nomenclature is engraved, not printed (it’ll be readable forever!)
- User-powered; no batteries to worry about!
- Infinite-precision analog accuracy (limited only by quantum physics)!
- Calculates pi and square roots with infinite precision instantly!
- Digital indicators for user convenience!
- Built-in tables (like HP 48GX):
- Periodic Table of the Elements
- Mathematical Formulas
- Analytic Geometry
- Chemical & Physical Data
- Gas Constant Values
- Greek Alphabet
- Owner’s Manual that actually tells how to use it, unlike HP’s!
- Protective slip-on vinyl case.
(click for HUGE version,
suitable for printing)
Sincere and eternal gratitude to Larry Gill for the 2002 Christmas gift of the above 600-ST which is identical to the one given me by my brother Jim in the early 1970’s and which I stupidly gave away a few years later. Thanks a centillion, Larry!
Thanks to Bob Prosperi for sending me the above images of the insert card for the MM model.
Disclaimer: I do not work for HP or anybody else.
“Truth is just truth; you can’t have opinions about truth.” -- Peter Schikele